Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Our little naval orange



Hello crazy emotions and extreme sensitivity! I'm not sure where you came from, but you definitely made your appearance known this week. The sensitivity is quite hilarious because normally it takes a lot for things to get to me. People need to be careful with what they say or how they act around this hormonal Mama! Seriously though, we're thankful for the not so glamorous moments of this pregnancy just as much as the glamorous ones. It makes me feel like things are right on track if that makes sense. We're anxiously awaiting the first time we feel you move. I must put my hands on my stomach 50 times a day or more trying to feel you in there. From the way you were moving in our last ultrasound I should have felt you 3 weeks ago! :) Your Daddy gets all nervous when I touch my stomach saying "leave the baby alone in there". He's overly protective already. I've been trying to warn all of the family in advance. 




How far along? 15 weeks, 2 days  
Total weight gain: i'd say about 1 1/2 lbs. 
Maternity clothes? Just a pair of jeans and one top so far. Much more comfortable than trying to suffer through regular clothes. I need to get some more work pants. I am all about comfort these days. 
Stretch marks? Not yet...I am currently in love with my Nivea lotion. 
Sleep: Sleeping well. Randy wishes he had a pregnancy pillow. He steals mine whenever he can. 
Best moment this week: Putting on those marvelous maternity jeans for the first time...so comfortable and such a relief. 
Miss Anything? Missing all of the family this week...yet another side effect of these crazy 15 week emotions.   
Movement: Thought I felt a small flutter the other night but i'm not counting it as movement. Anxiously waiting though...
Food cravings: My weird cinnamon fixation is still in full swing. I thought I would try out something else besides Big Red gum and Altoids and bought a bag of cinnamon Jolly Ranchers...big mistake. Yuck! A couple of other things I've just had to have is BBQ fritos and raisin bread. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: No, still blessed. 
Gender: Just a couple more weeks till we find out...your Daddy can hardly wait another second. 
Labor Signs: No 
Symptoms: Feeling great and still can't complain. Crazy emotions and heightened sensitivity kicked in this week but we're even cherishing the not so pretty moments of this pregnancy. Makes it feel more "real". Poor Randy, though. He's being such a trooper dealing with the roller coaster of emotions. Most of the time he starts laughing right in the middle of them which makes me laugh back and feel much better. 
Belly Button in or out? Innie
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Both! 
Looking forward to: Being able to buy baby stuff. We're holding off until we find out if you're a boy or girl. Lord help us once we do find out. You're going to be showered with love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment