Wednesday, July 16, 2014

20 weeks! Half way!


We got to see our handsome boys face at our 20 week visit. We were shocked at the resemblance between his and Trent’s ultrasound pictures.





The ultrasound tech was amazed at how healthy our strong boy is growing. It was probably one of the best ultrasounds I’ve ever had. She spent at least 45 minutes going over and pointing out each little body part and organ. Too cool!
I’m feeling great these days minus the lower back pain that will just not let up. Going to the prenatal chiropractor weekly (sometimes twice weekly) has been helping but, for some reason, my sacrum keeps getting jammed up. It’s so painful at night trying to sleep. More so at night since I’m not moving and it gets so stiff. I’m praying this lets up before labor or I am in for a wild experience!
At first I thought my belly was growing super fast compared to Trent’s, but now it seems as though it’s about the same size as I was this far along with him. My appetite sure seems heavier, though. I’m craving anything and everything…sweet and salty.
I’m still trying to decide where I’ll deliver. We’re so blessed to have options for choosing other than a typical hospital labor room filled with medical interventions.  We can have the baby at home, at the birth center, or at the hospital. I don’t have to know specifically for a few more months. Where you labor matters and it has an effect on the outcome of your birth and the interventions you entail while doing so. The less interventions, the better for both Mommy and Baby! Birth is a completely natural process…we want to keep it that was as much as possible. 
I can't believe we're at the half way mark...still seems unreal that we're about to have another little one....I don't think it will ever sink in...so excited! 




How far along? 20 weeks
Total weight gain: Approx 12 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sleep has not been fun lately with this lower back pain.
Best moment this week: See our boys precious ultrasound! Oh it makes it so real and exciting! 
Miss Anything? Yes, comfortable sleep would be wonderful.
Movement:
 All over the place! I can even finally get it on video.
Food cravings: Everything.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Gender: Baby boy!
Labor Signs: No…but started having Braxton Hicks.
Symptoms: Feeling pretty good these days...nights are a different story. 
Belly Button in or out? It's finally outWedding rings on or off? OnHappy or Moody most of the time: Happy!Looking forward to: August is going to be a fun month filled with Birthdays! I’m looking forward to fall…my favorite time of year and countdown for baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment