Tuesday, June 3, 2014

14 Weeks

14 weeks
The past couple of weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions for this Mama. We had a wonderful family vacations in Islamorada Key. Trent is truly a beach baby and absolutely loves throwing rocks in the water, looking for “fishies”, picking up sand, and saying “night night Sun” every evening on the water. He did great in the swimming pool, too! I can’t wait to watch him grow up going to this annual family trip and hope he learns to appreciate it just as much as his Mee Mee does.




We came back home to very sad news that my sweet Granny had taken a turn for the worse. In short, she passed on May 28th, 2014, but lived a wonderful life of 89 years. I’m still trying to grasp the fact that she is no longer here...it just hasn’t hit me yet. But I am so thankful to have been giving such precious time with her. She was looking forward to the new baby so much and kept telling me over and over again how I was going to have a little girl. We shall see, Granny, we shall see…we love you Granny.


I haven’t felt very good the past week or so…started getting very breathless whenever I stand up or walk even a short distance. We’re watching this carffully and might need to check into it further but, as of right now, I’m praying it’s just all of the added blood volume causing my heart to work much harder. We’re definitely going to keep an eye on it because I’m not used to having to sit down after walking a few steps.
Besides that, everything is going wonderfully and we as so blessed to be getting ready for this precious baby. Randy has already knocked out quite a bit of his “honey-do” list before the baby gets here.
Oh and I felt our sweet little bean move, or shall we say “flutter” for the first time at week 14. I read that you might feel the baby earlier with the second pregnancy and that is very true. I didn’t feel Trent until around week 18 I believe. I guess it’s because you know what to look for this go around.
As you can tell, pregnancy belly is showing a lot sooner this time…



How far along? 14 weeks
Total weight gain: Approx 5 lbs 
Maternity clothes? Oh yes, although I think i'm still in that "she looks like she's been eating too much" phase instead of the cute pregnancy belly phase.
Stretch marks? None yet
Sleep: Sleep has gotten a lot better. I don't feel as lethargic now. 
Best moment this week: Spending precious time with the family at the keys AND feeling you move (just a little flutter is all) at 14 weeks.
Miss Anything? I miss being able to walk without having to stop and take a breather every few steps...I'm praying this breathlessness goes away fast! 
Movement: I can feel little flutters here and there if I pay really close attention. I've felt you move much sooner than with Trent. 
Food cravings: Ramen noodles (so odd considering it's been years since i've had them), sushi, Mambo sours
Anything making you queasy or sick: Thankfully, this part is over with!
Gender: We can find out as soon as 16 weeks. Not sure when we will, though!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms:  Breathless, but other than that, feeling pretty good. My lower back hurts if I do a much of work and lift Trent a lot. My midwife says this might be my coccyx bone that could have been fractured or bruised during labor with Trent. 
Belly Button in or out? In 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: My moods have gotten better if I can just calm down with the "to-do" lists.
Looking forward to: Aunt Lou Lou and Adam coming home!

No comments:

Post a Comment